Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mommy OCD

I was talking to a friend the other day about her baby girl. She was waiting for her little one to hold her bottle on her own. She picked her up from daycare one day and they said she'd been holding it all by herself for weeks! My friend thought, "That little devil! She's been duping us all along!"

So when I got home that night I kept wondering what Siege has been duping me with. I mean let's be real, I'm at his beck and call all day long! He lets out one little peep and I still jump to see what has gone terribly wrong.
And I just did it again, I hear Siege stir, I look over and the sun was in his face. So... mommy to the rescue! I immediately get off my can, shut the shades, and stick the Binky back in his mouth. I have a disease. Will I ever get over that? The thought of "cry it out" makes me want to take a Xanax, but I think I may go insane if I keep this "mommy OCD" behavior up. Any suggestions?

But that whole entire post was to brag about my little bubba's new trick... which makes everything worth it! Check out this big boy!





3 comments:

Chauntel and Matthew said...

My "mommy OCD" was cured by having another baby. I still don't believe in the cry it out thing but if they have to cry for a minute while I get something done then the world is not going to end. And when he gets a bit older and gets into a lot more things you learn to pick your battles because it's impossible to keep up with them ALL the time.. so I chilled out about non important things.

Casey said...

HAHA! Awesome! I'm the same way...I can't get anything done because I'm constantly around Eli doing whatever he needs. HA! Way to go Siege, holding your own bottle!

Jamie Giff said...

I'm the proudest aunt in all the lands!