Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Little Things...


A few little things that have put a smile on my face lately...

1. We got a new TV. Chris got a TV actually, I should say, because I could care less about the new TV. I thought our "old" one was fine (65 inches or something I think). The word "old" is in quotation marks because Chris considers 5 years old, "old" in the world of TV's. We initially thought, maybe we'll put it on Craig's List, and then I thought, you know, we should give it to my dad. He still watches TV on a 32" and he might want a big screen. I didn't think he'd ever had one before. When he came over the house and we offered it to him, he was in shock. His exact words were, "Tracy, this TV is gonna CHANGE MY LIFE!" He has glaucoma and pretty much no vision in his right eye and apparently he couldn't see the words on his TV that well. Today, we went to set up the TV and you would have thought he won the lottery. Since the set up at 4PM he has even called us to let us know, "His life will never be the same." Like I said, I didn't think we needed a new TV, and I even held Chris off from getting it for months because it was unnecessary, but seeing my dad's reaction made me think we should have gotten that TV months ago.

2. Sitting out in the backyard on these great weather days is the best! We got an umbrella so I can just sit outside and watch Siege swing or hold him in my arms. I love that we have our backyard done this spring. We've never had a yard before.


3. My little bubbas is getting so big. Today he reached for my water bottle and tried to hold it up to his mouth. It was the cutest thing ever! Anyone know when I can start giving him water? He acted like he really wanted some water. He's only had his milk, peas (which he loves), green beans (which he hates), rice cereal, barley, and oatmeal. Feeding Siege makes me smile.

4. I was so nervous to be a new mom, because I had never been around babies before mine really. I'm the youngest and had never even changed a diaper. Whenever I'd hold other babies they'd cry and I'd have no clue what to do with them. Everyone told me not to worry, that maternal instinct would kick in, and sure enough it did. It was as if I knew exactly what to do with that baby the moment he came out. I felt like the first few months Siege was glued to me, like nursing made it my sole responsibility to provide for him. I would be the one up all night. I would get Siege when he was fussy. I would change his diaper all the time, because I was more efficient at it. However, when Chris saw that I was going bananas he knew it was time to step it up. So, the joke is, maternal instinct kicks in right away, and paternal instinct... more like 4 months. Lately, Chris has been amazing with Siege. He is the best daddy and husband. He insists that I get time to myself when I need it. He takes night duty every night that he's off and best of all, he just knows what Siege needs. It's awesome.

5. I got a desk for my empty room! I consider it my mother's day gift... you know, for all the blogging I've been doing! :)

Life is good.

5 comments:

Jamie Giff said...

1. How adorable! Best daughter of the year award goes to... :)

2. I love having a backyard, too! Now I just need one with a lot less concrete and a lot more green. The pool can stay, though! I love your backyard, it's so cute. Mom showed me a picture of your table-chairs-umbrella set-up. It's perfect!

3. He reached for your water bottle and tried to hold it to his mouth!! AY! Mi nenito esta creciendo tanto! And he is getting more and more like me! (I love peas and hate green beans also. :p )

4. You give me hope! I've never changed a dirty diaper, either.

5. I want a fancy desk and a fancy desktop computer to decorate it, too! I'm going to tell Joaquin I need one for blogging... "But Tracy has one, and..." :p

lauren said...

your house is so flippin' cute! i love your office and the pictures on the wall are adorable!!

p.s. i've read that kids can have as much water as they want once they're one but until then, just a little sip here and there cause it fills them up without nutrients and right now he needs nutrients...just fyi (i had to look it up for myself the other day cause landon's the same way with water bottles).

Unknown said...

Thanks Lauren! Super helpful!

Ivette said...

I never thought the my little girl would be such a great mom ,I'm so proud of her. love mom

Ivette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.