Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Gifford Blog Returns

So.... being a new mom is a lot more time consuming than I imagined. I know that sounds ridiculous, but for some reason I thought having a child would be sort of like getting another dog.
I. Was. Wrong.

It has been the most amazing experience of my life, but it also has been the most challenging. Time just seems to evaporate into thin air. Hence, the lack of blog updates for the last 6 months. These days my favorite things include... stroller walks,

watching my little guy gobble up rice cereal (actually barley is his favorite),

pushing the swing in the backyard, play dates with other stay at home moms, spending time with my super studdly hubby,

and now... blogging. I think that I'm going to start incorporating the blog back into my routine. I figure it would give me some time to relax a bit and wind down.

I have to admit that each day I really count my blessings. Watching my husband study for the past 9 years has finally paid off. We are enjoying every minute of our study-free lives. Speaking of study-free, I graduate with my masters May 15! Even though I will not be returning to the classroom any time soon, I am thrilled to be finished with my degree in administration. I really did learn a lot and met some pretty great people along the way. I'm not sure what the future will hold for me, as far as a career goes, but I'm glad that we're leaving some options open.

Another thing that I love... our new grill! Chris and I have never owned a grill and now that we have one, I just don't know how we ever lived without it. Chris has grilled every night he's been off since we got it. Meat just tastes so much better grilled than it does in the oven, AND no dishes! I know that was kind of random.

So blogger world, I am back.

And who couldn't love those two?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad to have you back. Motherhood is a full time job itself. It only gets more busy and sleepless with each addition. Can't wait to meet Seige this summer!

Krista said...

Glad you're back. Its looking like I'll be getting to stay home next year too (I hope.) Being a mom is the busiest and best job in the world. Great pictures and I can't wait to see you guys in July!

Casey said...

Yay! So glad you're back!! Congratulations on getting your masters! That's awesome. And Amen, motherood is tough!!!