Friday, August 31, 2012

9 months pregnant: A day in the life...

People take care of you when your pregnant. 
Scene 1: at Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt-


Me (super pregnant & caving into one of the many sweet cravings I've had the past 9 months): I'll take half peanut butter cup, half caramel  please.
Golden spoon worker: Any toppings?
Me: Yes!! Yes!! I'll take peanut butter cups and hot fudge please!
Golden spoon worker: Peanut butter cups AND hot fudge? Do u want the fudge on top of it too??
Lady behind me in line: Just give her the hot fudge- look at her for goodness sake!!


Scene 2:  Me chasing siege around like a crazy women; possibly one tantrum away from going into labor.

Me: Siege, sit down and stay here!!
Siege: Whaaaaaaa!!! Whaaaaa!!!
DMV worker: Wow, you've got ur hands full!
My dad: Yeah, she's having her new baby just in time. He sure is spoiled!!!
Me: Yes, my hands are full: I've got a 2 year old, a baby due in 3 weeks, and a 66 year old...
DMV worker: We'll get you out of here as soon as we can ma'am!



Scene 3: At a friend's house for lady's night- eating dinner and watching a movie

Tricia: I made cupcakes!!
Me: oh baby those look good!!
Tricia: They're black bottom
Cupcakes with chocolate, cream cheese, chocolate chips...
Me: (completely lost focus and am just staring at the cupcakes) can I have a muffin please?
Tricia: They're cupcakes
Me: oh yeah, can I have a cupcake?

People chatting and laughing...

Lee Ann: Wow! Those went fast!
Me: I had three muffins...
Tricia: THEY ARE CUPCAKES!! 
Me: What sounds better, "I ate 3 muffins" or "I ate 3 cup cakes??"
Tricia: Muffins it is!

Scene 4: At child's play with siege

One of the mom's there (we'll call her Judy):
Oh you're pregnant- congrats! What are you having??
Me: We don't know- its a surprise!
Judy: Oh. I could NEVER do that. I'M a PLANNER!!!!
Me in my head: Really? Was that an insult?? Do people automatically assume ur a slacker who doesn't plan stuff if you wait to find out the sex?
Me out loud: Yeah- I'm totally a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl!!

Scene 5:  6:00 am- siege is awake in his room

Me: Chris are you gonna go get him?
Chris: I would if there weren't icicles dripping off my pillow.
Me: huh??
Chris: it's FREEZING in here!!
Me: I was just gonna tell you to turn on the fan!!!
Chris: I've resorted to having Nadi sleep on top of me every night just to stay warm under her fur coat!

3 comments:

Jamie Giff said...

Hahahahahaha thanks so much for the laughs. Loved muffins and dmv and want to go to golden spoon stat!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That was so funny! I wrote a "What NOT to say to a pregnant woman" at 9 months due to all of the things people would say without thinking.

Trina

Krista said...

OMG! I totally missed this post until tonight! Let me just tell you that was SO FUNNY!! Chris says some of the darndest thing and I get to laughing so hard...

LOVED IT LOVED IT! Now that you've made it to Wicked, I'm anxious to see pics of BG! So excited!