Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures with Nadia


I can't believe it's already the end of June!  The summer is slipping away quickly.  Applebee's has been good to me.  I actually really like working as a server, but I never knew how hard they worked!!  I have a new found appreciation for waitresses and I'm already a bigger tipper!  However, it's not exactly my dream career.  I love teaching, and I'm already starting to miss it.  I am still in limbo, waiting to sign a contract from the Clark County School District for a job at Brinley Middle School.  If I get that job I will be teaching 7th grade U.S  and Nevada history.  I'm a little nervous about teaching 11 and 12 year olds.  I really enjoy high school kids, but I'm sure it will be fine.  Volleyball has started back up, which means that Chris has officially become the stay at home Dad.  I'm not sure how much he likes it.  Watching Nadia is a full time job.  She goes everywhere with us, and she's getting more and more energy!  We keep thinking... when is nap time again?   A lot of time I come home to find them both fast asleep together.  Above is a picture of Nadi crashing hard at Grandma's house after a full day of playing in the yard.  She did get her second set of shots this week and she's almost 10 pounds!  If you have a pet, Lied Animal Shelter is the place for shots!  They're a lot cheaper than the vet if you don't mind waiting, and they spay and neuter for $60.00.  

http://www.liedanimalshelter.org/
 
Hope you enjoy the most recent video of Nadia's play dates.

2 comments:

ivette said...

we need to take some pictures with Tink & toby

Krista said...

It's so fun to leash train isn't it?? I love it when they put the breaks on!! It took some time to leash train Daisy but oh my goodness I'm glad Patrick knew what he was doing! She is such a good dog to walk with now. AT 110 pounds, she could easily take me for a walk, but since she's trained its so pleasant!! Good luck with the job, middle schoolers are actually quite fun. I like high schoolers to, but I have found the middle school to be a lot of fun as well!