Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Samuel 1:27

We prayed for this Child and the Lord granted us what we asked of Him.
Samuel 1:27

The weekly ultrasounds have zapped the fun out of this pregnancy.  Each week sitting in the waiting room of the high risk doctor's office, I felt as if a new bomb was about to be dropped on me and I had to mentally prepare myself for the worse.  I tried to remind myself that whatever the doctor was about to reveal to me, was already happening in my body and KNOWING the information wasn't going to change the situation, but I have come to realize that ignorance is bliss.  Today, was like the rest of the appointments.  I sat nervously waiting for the nurse to call my name and when she did I headed to get BG's lung mass measured... again.   The ultrasound technician checked for extra fluid around the baby and any signs of hydrops first (the early signs of heart failure in the baby) and didn't find any, then moved to the lung mass.  But to our surprise she couldn't find it.  She told me that the mass was not standing out like it normally does and she couldn't see exactly what to measure.  Next she called for another technician to see if she was missing something.  That nurse came in and said, "I don't see anything.  What side was it on?  I'll go get the doctor."
When Dr. I came in he said it looked like the mass had disappeared.  He scanned the area around the lung and said, "There may be something small hiding under the heart, we won't know until a CT scan is taken at birth, but I think you're in the clear!  You guys should celebrate!"

I immediately started to bawl.  I felt like my heart had exploded with joy and thankfulness.  I know that the doctor had told me at 22 weeks that the mass could spontaneously resolve itself, but after weeks of "It looks like it's grown" and "No Change" I started to assume our BG would be born with a large mass in his/her lung.  I certainly did not think it would go from a large mass I could pick out every appointment to undetectable on the screen, in a matter of one week.

So, after I cried all the tears left in my body, nearly risking dehydration, we are definitely celebrating!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you guys!

- Christy

Bre said...

Wow!! God hears your prayers and knows all of your concerns. Your baby is in good hands :) Im still praying for you guys!!

Unknown said...

I just got CHILLS! Like mountain-sized goose bumps! Praise God! I am so happy for your family. Thanks for sharing this awesome news :)
-Lindsay

Casey said...

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!!!!!!! What a blessing!! Miracles still happen today. We're so happy for you!!

Jamie Giff said...

Makes me soooo happy! Love my little miracle nephew so much!

Matt and Becca said...

Yayyy! What amazing news. I am so thrilled for you. It is so humbling to know that God does hear our prayers and provide us with miracles!