Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nap Time Activities


Siege has been on a pretty consistent schedule for a few months now, which makes taking care of him so much easier. However, I started to fall into the "If Siege takes a nap, why shouldn't I?" pattern. Two naps a day for an adult, I've decided, just isn't the most efficient thing I could have been doing with my time, one of course, but two is a little much.

So my latest phone app, Pinterest (If you don't have it, get it), has inspired me in several ways. I'm sure all you bloggers already know all about it, but I just thought I'd publicly share my infinite love for this smart invention. Pinterest is a digital idea board that lets you pin different images/websites that you want to save for the future. For example, I've pinned sewing tutorials, fashion, recipes, etc. in hopes of one day creating these beautiful masterpieces. It also helps to organize your ideas into different categories. This is a little piece of my holiday pin board. Who knows if I will ever make these crafty things, but I sure like the idea of it being a possibility.

And, I have actually completed my first Pinterest-inspired project. I did a patchwork quilt. The sewing tutorial I pulled was so easy, even I could figure it out and I wasn't even entirely sure how to use my sewing machine before this project! Just call me Martha Stewart.

My latest nap time activity though, has been reading The Help. I cannot wait to see the movie now! I loved reading bits and pieces aloud to Chris. It was just hilarious! Anyone have any other really good book recommendations? I will read pretty much any genre as long as it's a can't wait to pick it up again and read sort of a book. You know, amazing.

I will leave you with a short video clip of Sieger eating my Taco Soup. It was a little spicy for all of us!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Love it Tracy! The quilt looks amazing. Love the color and pattern choices. You are a little Martha Stewart. Hope to see you soon. I'll be in Vegas for a week starting this Friday. Lets try to get together.