Sunday, June 5, 2011

On the move...


It's nap time... woohoo!
So last weekend Chris and I saw our first movie in the theater in 8 months. And even though it was Thor, it was worth it. My mom took Siege over night so we could go to Lake Las Vegas for a little Stay-cation. It was wonderful. You should go. That place needs some more business and it really is beautiful out there, very family friendly. I did feel a little guilty every time we passed a baby, which seemed to be every three minutes, but it was a well needed break from mommy-duty.

My little guy is officially mobile, and although it takes him a few to get what he wants, he gets a little faster each day. It's time to baby proof the house. He pulled the pancake griddle down from the island the other day. It landed right on his walker tray and he didn't even shed a tear, lucky boy. I, on the other hand, almost had a heart attack. He's also fallen off a couch onto the wood floor and bonked his noggin a couple times. I'm just trying to toughen the kid up a little. That's what I tell Chris anyway. After the latest bonk, I told Chris, "He only cried for a minute, no permanent damage." To which he responded, "We'll see what kind of damage was done after he takes his SAT's." Poor little guy. Being the son of a Gifford boy, comes with some serious pressure. He's a tank though. He might just be our little heavyweight. 20 pounds already!

1 comment:

The Motts said...

hey girl! your little siege is SOOOO cute!! he is getting go big too! such a cute little family!!