Monday, August 24, 2009

Mrs. Gifford's 1st day of School


Wow!  The last couple of weeks have been crazy for me.  I finally got the keys to my classroom about 3 weeks ago, so I had Chris and Grayson help me with the heavy lifting, and my mom and Jamie with some decorating to get the final product!  My room has been a hit at Brinley Middle School, and all of our hard work has actually paid off!  What would I do without my family?  See the video below for a virtual tour.  Since the new teachers got to go back early, I have been waiting for my students to show up since August 12th.  Well, today they did, and I must admit.... I really like them for the most part.  Who knows?  Middle school might just be right where I belong.  They were a little squeamish and I could do with a little less giggling, but I would say that the first day was a success.  I also signed up for my master's program last week.  It's an 18 month program in administration through Touro University.  Hopefully I'll be able to handle changing the world through 7th graders, maintaining the world's smartest dog, and getting my master's degree.  This is definitely going to be a busy year.  
Unfortunately, because of all the work I've been doing, this has left me a lot less time for training.  I really have to make an effort to get my tri training in.  It's 3 weeks away, so I can't let up now!  
Chris has officially started his final year of pharmacy.  He's been interning at Walgreen's the past few weeks and I love not having to watch him study 24/7.  Now I get to watch him strategize for his fantasy football team 24/7.  I don't know what he's going to do when he finishes school!  
In other news, Nadi has continually wowed everyone at obedience school.  She's a star!  This last week she was running through tunnels and jumping hurdles.  The trainers say she's one of the smartest puppies they know.  You should see Chris beaming at class.  We're not supposed to bring anything to class except her leash and treats, so no videos.  I'll try to sneak one in on the last week.
That's all for now!  I'll keep you posted.

Before Picture:

5 comments:

Tianna said...

I'm glad to hear the first day was great. I loved the video, especially that it was put to music! Good luck with the training and it seems like just yesterday Chris was starting school.

Unknown said...

What a cute room! I am sure all of your 7th graders think you are the prettiest teacher they have ever seen!! Good luck with everything you have going on!

Jillian Ryan said...

The room looks great =) Hope you enjoy 7th graders as much as you did high school! I need to see Nadia again! WE just started Bruno and Bella in training and it already has helped out so much!

jorge corral said...

¡You are my super niece!
Love you all.
Uncle George.

Tianna said...

We are all dying to hear how it went.